Re: [Tigers] TIGER CONVERTIBLE TOP STRAPS

To: <H2Otor@aol.com> FILETIME=[F4644220:01CDE445]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] TIGER CONVERTIBLE TOP STRAPS
From: "Armacost, Don Jr." <drarmacost@pmlights.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 09:23:43 -0600
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
As a reference point, B9473374, 28K with  original soft top, has three straps
exactly as described by John.

On Dec 26, 2012, at 10:38 PM, "H2Otor@aol.com" <H2Otor@aol.com> wrote:

> Tiger convertible  top  Gary Winblad  <garywinblad@comcast.net>
> Actually early cars had three straps.
> And they had "loops" sewed  to the top to hold them (Like belt loops on
> pants).
> I agree  with Gary Winblad  <garywinblad@comcast.net> on the convertible
> top  straps.
> I have a 1964  Tiger #B9470515.
> I base the below  information on the convertible top that was on my 1964
> Tiger when I bought it  used in the spring of 1967. I used the convertible
top
> for one year and then  purchased a factory hard top which made the car
> warmer in the winter and I left  it on the car year round. I removed the
> convertible top and frame and stored it  in my parents spare bedroom/store
room for
> the next 25 years and installing it  back on the car when I restored the
> Tiger in 1995.
> The top has  three nylon straps riveted to the back top bow above the rear
> window, one on  each side and one in the middle. They go forward to the
> middle top bow and are  riveted to it. From the middle top bow there are
three
> gray elastic straps that  go to the front rail that clamps to the top of the
> windshield frame. The middle  elastic strap goes directly to the middle of
> the rail that clamps to the  windshield frame. The elastic straps on the
> drivers side and passenger side each  go thru a belt type loop that is sewn
> the top about half way between the  middle top bow and the front rail that
> clamps to the windshield. There are three  indents in the front metal rail
> that clamps to the windshield where the elastic  straps go over the rail and
> under the vinyl top fabric. When I reinstalled the  soft top the three gray
> elastic straps were almost deteriorated away. I would  bend them and they
> would flak off dust and chunks of hard rubber so I cut them  off of the soft
> top. I have what is left of the gray elastic straps stored away  somewhere
with
> the original other parts I saved when I restored the Tiger.
> Hopefully I did  not thoroughly confuse you trying to describe the top
> straps.
> John  Watertor
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/drarmacost@pmlights.com

When forwarding, use "BCC" and press "Send" only AFTER you have deleted all
extraneous email addresses from this email. It's the smart way to share. If
you forward this email, please delete the forwarding history, which includes
my email address! It's a courtesy to me and others who may not wish their
email addresses sent all over the world, and helps prevent Spammers from
mining addresses and viruses from being propagated.      This email and any
files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the
Recipient. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Peterson
Manufacturing and subsidiaries (Maxi-Seal Harness, Mission Plastics
North/Arkansas, Transworld, Vector Tool) . Warning: Although Peterson
Manufacturing and subsidiaries (Maxi-Seal Harness, Mission Plastics
North/Arkansas, Transworld, Vector Tool) has taken reasonable precautions to
ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or
attachments.