Re: [Tigers] penta-stars

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] penta-stars
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 15:31:48 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Full-name: Rollright
As always,  great  investigative work !

Thanks.

Jim

In a message dated 3/10/2013 2:28:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rfraser@bluefrog.com writes:

Jim
Rootes Parts List pub 6601334 - Body Mounting  Section XF

2239866    Pentastar    Qty - 1   No Vin Number is listed for the start of
this badge.

Pub  6600992    Body Mounting Section X

2239866     Pentastar    1    USA and Canada only    No Vin  listed
Plate B shows Pentastar at the right fender.

My guess is that  at some point the Chrysler dealers were instructed to
apply
1 Pentastar to  any Rootes product on the lot.
This could place a Pentastar on a wide range  of Vin numbers.

I would think this was a standard Chrysler Pentastar  but no idea about
availability.

Ron Fraser