Re: [Tigers] penta-stars

To: Steve Halbrook <sjhcobra1@cs.com>, "Rollright@aol.com" <Rollright@aol.com>, "scattt@verizon.net" <scattt@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] penta-stars
From: "Teepen, Jere" <jteepen@usatoday.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 20:05:03 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
I am a bit late to the topic, but I recall my dad's Alpine had the pentastar
on the right side only, and it was gold in color.  I also recall plucking it
off when the rust ate its way up from the rocker panel and around the
pentastar.  The pentastar was dangling from the last bit of metal in that
area.  This was in southwest Ohio around 1973, he had purchased the car new in
1968.  The Alpine was later destroyed in a fire that consumed the shop it was
at when the owner left oily/gassy rags in a can and they ignited due to
spontaneous combustion.

Jere