Re: [Tigers] Generator to Alternator Conversion

To: James Lindner <jliny5@cox.net>, Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Generator to Alternator Conversion
From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 17:56:21 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: Tiger List Serve <Tigers@autox.team.net>
That would be the PowerMaster 82101 or the 82101-2 with indicator light
terminal. These are one-wire types so you bypass all your regulator harness. I
go tired of generator bearings burning out (they somehow don't like 7K shift
points) on my 289 HiPo engine and went this way to look stock. The other
advantage is you don't have to kluge brackets onto your car. They are at
Summit Racing, not cheap at $369 and $389 for the indicator model, but you'll
have twice as much juice at idle as the old generator put out at WFO.
Bugz