Re: [Tigers] Clutch

To: arado7@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 11:12:09 -0700
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Yep, lots of people have said good things about DOT5.  An almost equal number
have given the thumbs up to LMA DOT3/4.  It was a flip of the coin for me.
Having that one last guy tell me about "funny things" (which I think is a very
silly non-persuasive way to put it) blew the wind to have the coin land on
LMA.  All I know is that my dad rebuilt them, used DOT5 and a moisture
barrier, and the clutch was as hard as can be.  I changed it to DOT3, it
worked much better for about a week, then the seals failed.  I rebuilt them
using DOT3/4 LMA and feel great.  For all I know, if I had just rebled my
clutch using DOT5, the clutch pedal would have felt just fine again and I
wouldn't have destroyed the rubber.  There is no way for me to know now!  Just
reporting my observations.  :-)

Jay