[Tigers] Ignition Switch

To: "tigers@autox.team.net Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Ignition Switch
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 06:46:08 -0700
I pulled apart my ignition switch.  It was pretty easy.  As indicated, just
pry out two of the points on the can that are pressed in, hold towel to finger
to stop bleeding from screwdriver slipping out of indentation point and into
the finger, put switch in vice, lightly clamping around nut, and finish last
indentation point.

Put in key, press ice pick in hole in side to release lock barrel.

Pull apart.

The switch is much more beefy than I expected.  It has a strong spring and is
built of large, thick metal for contacts.  I'm actually kind of surprised that
it has any issue.  But, I've cleaned it up and sanded all the contacts.  I
basically put a piece of fine sandpaper in between each of the three contact
points and rotated the sandpaper back and forth, and rotated the contact to
each of the three positions to get each one.  This probably makes no sense
unless you have one open in your hands.  I was thinking of dremel, but none of
my attachments are small enough to fit in there.

I'm also cleaning and sanding the tabs out the back that the wires attach to.