Re: [Tigers] Ignition Switch

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ignition Switch
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 12:34:49 -0600
Hi Jay,
Make sure you use as fine a grit of paper you can (or even go to a
polishing compound) and get all the abrasive gunk out of the switch
before you lube it and close it back up. The surface scratches reduce
the available electrical contact area, and they also provide natural
places for oxidation to start again. This is why lubricating it with a
good silicone switch-contact lube is important.

As others have noted, using the switch to activate a 30 or 40 amp rated
relay will save the switch from overheating and future damage.
Theo