[Tigers] Amp guage needed - relay question

To: Tiger List Serve <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Amp guage needed - relay question
From: Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 07:05:37 -0700 (PDT)
All

First start up of motor last Saturday, had some wiring issues - with
electronic Petronix distributor and no BR - got past that, then issues with
rebuilt carb and rebuilt generator but fired right up - sound is AWESOME.

My questions and information to pass on is this:  New wiring harness from SS,
found from dash layout diagram that if it said 'if fitted' there are NO wires
for these in the new harness - this was VERY disappointing.  No provision for
AMP gauge, clock, cigar lighter and headlight harness (2) are a separate
purchase.  So now to fit the optional 'if fitted' items, wiring will have to
be outside the nice pretty neat harness.  I guess I am used to all wires being
included for optional equipment, whether you use them or not, the wires were
always there, you just had to buy the optional equipment and hook them up.  I
also have to run a separate wire for the electric choke due to headers -
probably should have gone to a manual choke for the Autolite 4100.  Anyway,
the wiring harness requires different bulbs - (# 73) for the 3 warning lights
which Rick is graciously sending me with the new Alum water pump.  FYI, Scott
Drake carries a replacement timing
 cover (alum) if someone is in need with NO provision for oil spout - use the
one on valve cover if you have those type covers.

In retrospect, I should have replaced them during engine build but they did
not look that pitted but guess they were due to leaks, multiple, when filled
up radiator.  Many  steps forward and many backwards - just solve issues as
they come up - all start ups, finds something that should have been done, I
guess.  Very exciting Saturday but also very disappointing as well.

Anyway the rebuilt distributor for my 73 MGB from Jeff at Advanced installed
plus re-timed, cleared up my idling issues with this car and have been driving
it daily all week - 60's in the AM and 80's during day with no rain, just love
spring time in the south - of course after the pine tree pollen month is
over.

I had bought a original 'Rootes' cigar lighter back in the 80's but my dash
had a old VDO volt gauge in the clock hole.  I had a clock from years back, so
will install.  I would like to buy if someone has available the " +30 to -30
AMPS Made in England Lucas Gauge, if I understand this to be the correct 66 MK
1A gauge to go in the far left hole in the dash.

Sincerely,

Joel Martin