Re: [Tigers] To rebuild, or not rebuild, the Holley

To: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>, "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] To rebuild, or not rebuild, the Holley
From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net> mail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 18:50:56 -0400
References: <CAAjp1z6tbNPMJVg2+3ZuHWCzQon8k68EEza2+yjAP7jJNdzoYw@mail.gmail.com> s=q20121106; t=1370904891; bh=3SJCCFtiAcTS/otdMDg8wxm7fTtH/H358+vNNMeQKzc=; h=Received:Received:Date:To:From:Subject:Mime-Version:Content-Type; b=d0ogOTU6/lTXowOJLW3JcS32mtm8KoEyoYFACG2wr3Jc4/5B7BTT9qwv2ASLepKYi 7OsEcqawJW1xg33FuCClLoAbOdUz3/a5zkanJx4DVvtpiJAkkIiuDxd7W3HWpyEa1c caN522rpGbjnTFf/SUlTFmViTWWm8cMjIYNiTL/BE3SGaD9WbH/NFsvnc4oegSuUgz DPMZmFwhaqBeTjVBJs50KyFLSq31/9Sl8xumF1Cdnnd1ux8yv7VE03AnMvYgXfYade R7Q2hunt1fKoCCRgdUT3ET2t8tHB80Twfme2BTEP8m8QVHDGmXmHxW/l9DWfhFt7Jt 55RPqscpN6Liw==
At 06:01 PM 6/10/2013, Jay Laifman wrote:

 >My dad would often say not to fix what is not broken.  But, then since it
 >started leaking on the outside, I'm not exactly sure how many of the o
 >rings on the inside may be having trouble.
 >
 >I might run by Pep Boys on the way home and see if I can find it.

Your father and I spatted over that -- my take is, if you're going to
do a job, then do the entire job and do it right.  But you are the
Master of Your Own Fate, and I will be saddened to hear of your being
burned to a cinder in the wreckage of your car.  <he grins>  Your
father was one hell of an innovative fellow and I admired him
greatly, even if he kept calling the serial number the
'VIN'.  California gibberish.  <he grins again>

Ah, the Pep Boys.  Mannie, Moe, and Jack.  I named the Mud Turtle I
hatched from an egg, 'Moe'.  That was back in '82, in a different
universe, long ago and far away.  The standard Mud Turtle lives for
five to ten years in the wild and, perhaps, fifteen when under proper
care.  Moe is still with us and is still nasty as hell.  Aetate 31
and hanging hard and tough.  He is the Sunbeam Alpine of the Turtle
World.  (I have a lot more turtle tales to tell, especially as I keep
my back lawn mowed through the services of two Sulcata Tortoises.)

Be well, Jay

Marc

It is a good world for doing good deeds.
-- Nathaniel the Faun