Re: [Tigers] Holley Rebuild - float bowls

To: "Gary Winblad" <garywinblad@comcast.net>,"tigers@autox.team.net Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Holley Rebuild - float bowls
From: jay.laifman@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 15:31:41 +0000
I'm worried that he never knew the bowls were way off and adjusted jets to
compensate. It wouldn't be like him. But we'll see what happens when I reset
them. The problem is that one is so off that there is no way the screw adjuster
will be enough.  I'm going to have to bend it before reassembly. But thinking
about how off it is, I'm also going to make sure it doesn't have any holes in
it.

Also, I'm used to Webers where the jets are easy to swap (and float level is
critical).  I'm thinking the Holley is not so easy and he would have had to see
the floats anyway to change the jets.

The ox sensor.  I haven't paid too much attention to that other than to note it
is frequently in the red. It has a row of lights going from green to yellow to
red. Can someone tell me under what driving conditions should it be in the
color bands?  Like idle, cruising, slowly accelerating and on it?  And is it
likely to be accurate or could it be wrong because of a gazillion things?