[Tigers] Odd advice from Edlebrock

To: "tigers@autox.team.net Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Odd advice from Edlebrock
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 21:56:03 -0700
While I'm on the subject, I thought I'd mention what the tech guy at Edlebrock
told me.  I determined that the narrow band air/gas meter on my car is an
Edlebrock.  I called them to ask about how well it worked, and how to best
read it. I told him that it reads mostly with all 4 green lights on, sometimes
flickering the first of two yellow lights.  That means it is running on the
rich side at 13:1+.  He said that it would be better if I was only lighting
two of the green lights.  He suggested that rather than first trying to change
jets in the carb, I try advancing the timing by 2 degrees.

That sure sounded odd to me.  Sure, perhaps timing could lean the car a
little.  But, if I'm already at max advance based upon the risk of pinging,
which he would have no idea, doesn't that create greater issues to push the
advance up?