Re: [Tigers] Tiger tires

To: "CoolVT@aol.com" <CoolVT@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger tires
From: Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 18:16:05 -0400
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Ford escorts ran/run 13 inch as wide as 8 or 9 inch and always did.  With a
cosworth BDA/BDG they need wide tires on tarmac.  It's pretty much the only
historic rally car that can keep pace with modern cars and they can beat
single seaters on hillclimbs.

13 inch gives them phenomenal acceleration with a rear end ratio of over
5:1.