Re: [Tigers] Tiger tires

To: garywinblad@comcast.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger tires
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 11:33:28 -0400 (EDT)
Full-name: MWood24020
Just got around to this email...guess I've been a little preoccupied!

On the subject of tires...and keeping in mind I live in CA and also am more
 interested in performance than durability...

Regarding 15" wheels, Tom Kukla is successfully running 15X7" all around
with no clearance issues. The fronts are 20mm offset. I don't believe he has
done any body work and he didn't have any clearance issues. Can't say this
would  be true of all cars...nothing really is, when it comes to Tigers, it
seems.

The other option with 15's that makes sense is to run 15X6" all around with
 one of the new gen street tires, like the Dunlop Star Spec II, BFG  Rival,
etc. Given the need for a well supported sidewall with these  tires, seems
a 195/50 would be as big as you'd want to go.

As far as 13" choices go, the Toyo RA1 sized 205/60 is the only thing  I'd
consider. Probably too aggressive for many, but it works well in the wet (if
 you ever get caught out) and very well in the dry.

Best of all worlds, for me (and pending fitment), would be a set of  15X7's
mounted up with 205/50 BFG Rivals and my spare set of 13X6's mounted  with
225/50 Hoosier A6 for autocross (the Hoosier works fine pinched on a
smaller rim width) :-)

In a message dated 6/21/2013 3:00:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,