Re: [Tigers] Thinking Ahead...

To: Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Thinking Ahead...
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 10:03:09 -0700
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
As I understand it, the 2 liter overhead cam engine in the Pinto and Capri was
really a German designed engine for higher revs, and the 2.3 liter was based
on a pick up truck engine, and that it was not a bigger version of the German
one.

My son has an S2000.  That's the nicest engine, ever.  It was the highest hp
per liter of any production car when it was first made.  When it crosses into
that magical area of VTEC, the noise it makes is unlike any car - pure F1, a
banshie let out of Hell.  And if that's not enough for you, there are turbos
and superchargers available that really pump it up.

If I had a clean slate right now, with no ties to Sunbeams, a Lotus/Caterham 7
with an S2000 would be unmatched.

On Jul 26, 2013, at 7:39 PM, Thomas Witt wrote:

> I've got one of those sitting on the patio from when I put a 2.3 - turbo in
my Pinto.  Wow, 300 HP. The 2.0 was pretty gutless behind a C-4 in stock tune.
Buddy Ingersoll sure knew how to get power out of the 2.3 with a turbo.