Re: [Tigers] Thinking Ahead...

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Thinking Ahead...
From: "Mark Rense" <mark44124@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 11:37:12 -0400
Dr Mayf,
How about listing ALL the class restrictions?
- max number of cylinders allowed
- max number valves per cylinder
- cam shaft configuration limitations (OHV, OHC, DOHC, L-head, pocket
valve)?
- type of fuel allowed (Pump gas, 110 Sunoco, whale oil)?
- any other internal component limitations (rod/crank material)?
- induction limitations (FI, Carbs, DFI, wetted wick)?

Assuming four cylinders, I still vote for the Honda F20C from the earlier
S2000 if all its OEM trickery is allowable. Close to 300 hp with cams,
injectors and bigger throttle body. More if cubic dollars (bucks to the
third) are thrown at the heads. This engine tolerates over 700 hp on
turbo/NO2, so you know it is a stout platform. Lots of YouTube idiocy with
these engines.

You will not get that power level from a normally-aspirated Pinto/Capri
engine.

Bugz

PS As to oils, see who can offer you a sponsorship, most racing synthetics
today are superb. When I raced professionally we ran Redline oils and Wix
filters. Good stuff.