[Tigers] Correct/most original soft top material for an early Mark 1 Tig

To: tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Correct/most original soft top material for an early Mark 1 Tiger
From: Alex Haugland <ahauglan@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 21:21:18 -0700
Hello!  I'm actively restoring a pretty original early mark 1 Tiger
(B9470334LRXFE) and want to bring it back to as close to original condition as
is reasonable for a car I intend to actually drive.  As the car is in need of
a complete repainting, I'm planning the teardown and gathering the pieces that
need to be replaced for when I start putting it back together.  To that end,
the top on the car is a replacement in pinpoint vinyl which has some tears and
other issues leading it to needing to be replaced.

To that end, I've seen different sites listing conflicting or at least unclear
information as to what material is closest to the original.  I'm not sure if
it should be a pinpoint vinyl or a crushed grain vinyl.  The Everflex at least
has the grey interior, but I don't know if its texture is at all correct and
would appreciate whatever guidance all of you can give.  Thank you very much!

--Alex Haugland