Re: [Tigers] Maxwell Smart Tiger

To: Cullen McCann <cmccann1972@gmail.com>, Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Maxwell Smart Tiger
From: Don Antilla <fast427@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 11:12:04 -0500
Cc: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Tiger enthusiasts: I participated in a BMW-sponsored 1400 mile motorcycle
Charity Run in California in 2009. The trip started out in Long Beach,
went up to Yosemite, Death Valley, Morro Bay etc.,  and finally wound its
way back to the LA area.
The event culminated in a big parade and a gathering near Grauman's
Theater and included many Hollywood movie cars;  this Tiger was one of the
cars.
I have a few more photos if you want them.

Don A

On 12/3/13 9:35 AM, "Cullen McCann" <cmccann1972@gmail.com> wrote:

>After all of the discussion about the Get Smart Tiger over the years, I
>have lost track of what was said about its location. Where is that Tiger
>now? Do we know what production unit it is/was?
>
>Cullen
>

>On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM, Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> I was just watching an episode with my son.  It was about max
>>overhearing a
>> plot to kill rocket scientists, but then lost his memory because of some
>> pills.  The best part is that it featured the car for much of the
>>episode.
>> know that the history is that an Alpine was used when the machine gun
>> popped
>> out of the bonnet.  I'm sure it was used for lots of other scenes
>>scenes.
>> But
>> in the driving scenes on this episode, it was definitely a Tiger (with
>>dual
>> exhausts).  They really tossed the car around too.
>>
>> But interestingly with all the scenes where they were sitting in the
>>car or
>> standing next to it, it had a S1-S2 windscreen on the car (with no
>>glass).
>> But it still had the S3-SV/Tiger quarter windows.  I had no idea they
>> could be
>> swapped that way.  The back edge of the frame clearly curved, while the
>> quarter window forward edge was straight.
>>
>> Just some interesting tid bits.

Tiger gun.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Get
Smart Cockpit.jpg]