Re: [Tigers] Tiger blower motor

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger blower motor
From: "Tom Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 20:17:43 -0800
Brent,

  I have the MG Midget motor.  Not sure if the MGA is the same.  It is
shorter than the stock Tiger motor. Be gentle getting the cage off. I wound
up using this same Midget motor (running backwards) in my Pinto as the short
length cleared the turbo elbow.  Heater fan motors are pretty easy to adapt
if originality isn't important.  Metal plates and electrical stand-offs can
be used if you can't locate anything acceptable.

I quickly found a picture of the MG fan at a forum discussing heater motor
improvement for the MGB http://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?1,1532236 .
There might be something to glean from it. Don't forget you can always pull
up the floor mat and/or remove a firewall plug and get heat too.  :-)

Tom

After 35 years with no heater I'm in the market for a new heater blower
motor,
any one
have a good source?  I see moss has one that looks right and is from a MGA.

            Brent