Re: [Tigers] Tiger elec components with non-factory wiring?

To: Cullen McCann <cmccann1972@gmail.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger elec components with non-factory wiring?
From: Sandy Ganz via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 19:10:22 -0800
It would not be a problem, the electrical is pretty similar except for the
Generator. You might keep some of the wiring and just redo sketchy parts. I
would definitely use a fuse block with more then 2 fuses :). The areas of
trickiness I'm guessing would be turn signal and Generator, the rest is pretty
simple in looking at the diagrams. That all being said you might be better off
starting with a replica harness and just add a fuse block, I think all the
individual terminations for things ends up at the 2 fuses and each of those
wires could be set to their own fuse. I have some melted wires under the dash
that proves a 20 (or 30??) amp fuse will not blow if a small wire gets a short!

One other issue is if you intend on using all the odd connectors to things like
motors, wipers, etc, if not and you have no issue chopping them and using safe
and modern connectors a new harness is OK, but if you have to start splicing
bullet connectors everywhere, easier to start with a stock harness and fix the
fuse box IMO ;)

Sandy