Re: [Tigers] Convertible top advice needed

To: "awtiger@cox.net" <awtiger@cox.net>, "tigers@autox team. net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Convertible top advice needed
From: FRED BAUM via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 16:16:41 -0400
I took my side rails off many years ago after having the same problem. No more
problem.

Fred Baum
9470768 with hard covers.

On June 23, 2015, at 3:52 PM, awtiger--- via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
wrote:

Hey, guys:

The rag top on my Tiger never has been able to be folded down all the way into
the top well, which leaves a little bit of the frame sticking up and
interferring with the top boot.  It seems to me that at one point I either
heard or read that the two shorter convertible top rails that go on either side
of the top were actually supposed to be left off to allow the top to fall
further down in the well when stowed.  My side rails are installed, but should
they be?  Can someone shed some light regarding the proper attachment method of
the base of the top to the car?

Thanks,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK