Re: [Tigers] Convertible top advice needed

To: Jeffery Randall <jefferyrandall@gmail.com>, Andy Walker <awtiger@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Convertible top advice needed
From: Chris Thompson via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 18:27:33 -0400
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
--===============0062605599027923707==
 boundary="------------000307060107030801070509"

--------------000307060107030801070509

I just posted a video to the Sunbeam Tiger FaceBook page of how to get
it all to fit in there without fuss.  Too big to try to attach here or
email...

Chris
B382000331

On 6/23/2015 5:59 PM, Jeffery Randall via Tigers wrote:
> Andy, If you can get a look at the owners manual supplement it
> explains how to properly stow the "hood". It will all fit down there
> without to much fuss when done correctly. One of these guys can
> probably send you in the right direction to view the supplement.
>   Jeff
>
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 12:13 PM, awtiger--- via Tigers
>
>     Hey, guys:
>
>     The rag top on my Tiger never has been able to be folded down all
>     the way into the top well, which leaves a little bit of the frame
>     sticking up and interferring with the top boot.  It seems to me
>     that at one point I either heard or read that the two shorter
>     convertible top rails that go on either side of the top were
>     actually supposed to be left off to allow the top to fall further
>     down in the well when stowed.  My side rails are installed, but
>     should they be? Can someone shed some light regarding the proper
>     attachment method of the base of the top to the car?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Andy Walker
>     Edmond, OK
>     B382001600LRXFE
>     TAC #740

--------------000307060107030801070509

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    I just posted a video to the Sunbeam Tiger FaceBook page of how to
    get it all to fit in there without fuss.  Too big to try to attach
    here or email...<br>
    Chris<br>
    B382000331<br>
      via Tigers wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAGiVA4aMvX-QfRFzjLWSJdz3AQBpuvZs=u8dNAgHdp440uLFQQ@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
          it explains how to properly stow the "hood". It will all fit
          down there without to much fuss when done correctly. One of
          these guys can probably send you in the right direction to
          view the supplement.</div>
          awtiger--- via Tigers <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a
              moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";
              target="_blank">tigers@autox.team.net</a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hey, guys:<br>
            The rag top on my Tiger never has been able to be folded
            down all the way into the top well, which leaves a little
            bit of the frame sticking up and interferring with the top
            boot.  It seems to me that at one point I either heard or
            read that the two shorter convertible top rails that go on
            either side of the top were actually supposed to be left off
            to allow the top to fall further down in the well when
            stowed.  My side rails are installed, but should they be?
            Can someone shed some light regarding the proper attachment
            method of the base of the top to the car?<br>
            Thanks,<br>
            Andy Walker<br>
            Edmond, OK<br>
            B382001600LRXFE<br>
            TAC #740<br>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>
Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/chris@cthompson.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/chris@cthompson.net</a>

</pre>