Re: [Tigers] MkII Headlight Rims

To: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] MkII Headlight Rims
From: michael king via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 08:43:50 +1100
Cc: Tiger Talk List Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>

--94eb2c0b83708c753f052669dee9

All mkii cars came with non peaked headlight rims and painted matching body
colour. The chrome rims are off pre 60's husky and gazelle models.. They
often appeared on period series I-II alpine race cars and the works rally
tigers
On 8 Dec 2015 3:44 am, "Tod Brown via Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:

> I have noticed that all of the MkII Tigers I have seen recently have had
> the rounded
> headlight rims as opposed to the peaked rims used on the MkI & MkIA
> models. However,
> many years ago, back in the 1970's, I owned a MkII for a short while that
> had peaked
> rims. Was this another case of Jensen using whatever was on the shelf that
> day when
> the car was being built or was there a definite changeover date when they
> went from
> peaked to rounded rims. Or were they all rounded as delivered?
>
> The particular MkII that I owned was B3821000139 LRXFE and was red. It
> came to me
> as a wreck as the former owner had tried to operate it in an inverted
> position. As Dylan
> said, "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now" so I proceeded
> to part the
> car out and the pieces are scattered over Tiger-land now. I still have the
> headlight rims
> and a few other odd pieces but nothing worth much any more (before you all
> write to
> ask about the side and wheel trim, much to my chagrin). Norm was informed
> of its
> ultimate demise long ago, so it will not appear as an Alger, hopefully.
>
> Anyway, it seems that, at least from this one example, peaked rims on a
> MkII are
> acceptable, so I am wondering if anyone else knows of other examples.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tod
> B382002384 LRXFE
> TAC 864

--94eb2c0b83708c753f052669dee9

d matching body colour. The chrome rims are off pre 60&#39;s husky and gaze=
lle models.. They often appeared on period series I-II alpine race cars and=
 the works rally tigers </p>
s&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net<=
/a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" st=
yle=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20

   =20
 =20
    <big>I have noticed that all of the MkII Tigers I have seen recently
      have had the rounded <br>
      headlight rims as opposed to the peaked rims used on the MkI &amp;
      MkIA models. However,<br>
      many years ago, back in the 1970&#39;s, I owned a MkII for a short
      while that had peaked<br>
      rims. Was this another case of Jensen using whatever was on the
      shelf that day when <br>
      the car was being built or was there a definite changeover date
      when they went from <br>
      peaked to rounded rims. Or were they all rounded as delivered?<br>
      The particular MkII that I owned was B3821000139 LRXFE and was
      red. It came to me<br>
      as a wreck as the former owner had tried to operate it in an
      inverted position. As Dylan<br>
      said, &quot;I was so much older then, I&#39;m younger than that now&q=
uot; so I
      proceeded to part the<br>
      car out and the pieces are scattered over Tiger-land now. I still
      have the headlight rims<br>
      and a few other odd pieces but nothing worth much any more (before
      you all write to <br>
      ask about the side and wheel trim, much to my chagrin). Norm was
      informed of its <br>
      ultimate demise long ago, so it will not appear as an Alger,
      hopefully. <br>
      Anyway, it seems that, at least from this one example, peaked rims
      on a MkII are <br>
      acceptable, so I am wondering if anyone else knows of other
      examples.<br>
      Cheers,<br>
      Tod<br>
      B382002384 LRXFE<br>