Re: [Tigers] Drivers seat redo

To: Derrick Schmidt <lovemygirls365@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Drivers seat redo
From: Stu via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 12:20:08 -0400
Cc: Ron Fraser via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>

--001a114262146a43a5052df08b4e

I just tried it and, same thing, can't connect.  There are a couple places
I usually visit that can't get to right now (just after noon eastern).
Related or coincidence?  Who knows...

Stu

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Derrick Schmidt via Tigers <
tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Speaking of tutorials, it seems the TU site is down at the moment. Is it
> just me?
>
> Derrick
>

> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone <https://yho.com/footer0>
>
> On Sunday, March 13, 2016, 8:28 AM, Ron Fraser via Tigers <
> tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:
>
> Brad
>     Sunbeam Specialties should have all the foam and hardware you might
> need.
>
> <http://www.rootes.com/>http://www.rootes.com/
>
>     I would think that just putting a new seat cover over an old one woul=
> create a loose floating seat cover.   If the drivers seat foam is shot, t=
he
> passenger seat foam is most likely shot too but that is something you can
> determine by checking that seat.
>
>     There are a couple different upholstery designs for the seats, a
> couple different styles of upholstery and a couple different bottom seat
> support systems.  You need to compare what you have to what is shown in t=
he
> catalog.
>
>     SS has some of the hardware; probably everything you might need.
> Please note that this hardware is BSF thread so if you need to clean up a=
ny
> threads you will need BSF tap and die.
>
>     The tutorial on Tigers United is very good but it covers that
> one style seat cover; your seat cover could be a different style.   I
> suggest that you carefully take your seat apart taking good notes and
> pictures.  You can now determine if your seat style is the same as the
> tutorial.   If your seat style is different your notes will now be your
> guide to rebuild the seat.
>
>     There are a lot of parts involved with the seat construction that is
> why pictures and good notes are imperative.   Look for any wear points in
> the old upholstery so you can look for sharp edges and places you might
> want to put additional materials or padding to stop those wear points.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Ron Fraser

ust tried it and, same thing, can&#39;t connect.=C2=A0 There are a couple p=
laces I usually visit that can&#39;t get to right now (just after noon east=
ern).=C2=A0 Related or coincidence?=C2=A0 Who knows...</div><div class=3D"g=
mail_default" style=3D"font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_defau=
dt via Tigers <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.net=
ote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc s=
olid;padding-left:1ex">
               =20
                Speaking of tutorials, it seems the TU site is down at the =
ps://yho.com/footer0" target=3D"_blank">Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone</a>=
">On Sunday, March 13, 2016, 8:28 AM, Ron Fraser via Tigers &lt;<a href=3D"=
mailto:tigers@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">tigers@autox.team.net</a>&g=
t; wrote:</p><blockquote>
the foam and hardware you might need.</span></div>
/" target=3D"_blank"></a><a href=3D"http://www.rootes.com/"; target=3D"_blan=
new seat cover over an old one would create a loose floating seat=20
cover.=C2=A0=C2=A0 If the drivers seat foam is shot, the passenger seat foa=
m is=20
most likely shot too but that is something you can determine by checking th=
at=20
seat.</span></div>
upholstery designs for the seats, a couple different styles of upholstery a=
nd a=20
couple different bottom seat support systems.=C2=A0 You need to compare wha=
t you=20
have to what is shown in the catalog.</span></div>
probably everything you might need.=C2=A0 Please note that this hardware is=
 BSF=20
thread so if you need to clean up any threads you will need BSF tap and=20
die.</span></div>
very good but it covers that one=C2=A0style seat cover; your seat cover cou=
ld be=20
a different style.=C2=A0=C2=A0 I suggest that you carefully take your seat =
apart=20
taking good notes and pictures.=C2=A0 You can now=C2=A0determine=C2=A0if=20
your=C2=A0seat style=C2=A0is the same as the tutorial.=C2=A0=C2=A0 If your =
seat=20
style is different your notes=C2=A0will now be your guide to rebuild=C2=A0t=
he=20
seat.</span></div>
with the seat construction that is why pictures and good notes are=20
imperative.=C2=A0=C2=A0 Look for any wear points in the old upholstery so y=
ou=20
can look for sharp edges and places you might want to put additional materi=
als=20
or padding to stop those wear points.</span></div>
this helps</span></div>
Fraser</span></div>
  [mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:tigers-bounces@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank=
 clear=3D"none"><b>To:</b>=20

ed some=20
  advice. The seat cover is fine although when I disassembled the seat I=20
  discovered that the previous owner simply put the new cover over the old =
one.=20
  They probably did this because the foam and everything else associated wi=
th=20
  the seat was still sound. That was 36 years ago. First off is this common=
ly=20
  done? People tell me the answer is yes. What do you guys think? The cover=
 is=20
  probably reusable and it matches the passenger seat which is fine and wil=
l be=20
  left alone. It was probably done in the same manner. My next and main que=
stion=20
  is where to by the new foam and attaching hardware that I might need. I h=
ave=20
  seen the tutorial on Tigers United about rebuilding Tiger seats and plan =
to=20
  follow those guidelines. I just need to know the best source for material=
s. My=20
  project will begin with rebuilding=C2=A0 the lower seat frame, welding et=
c.=20
  because it is broken in several places. Thank you in advance for any and =
all=20
1.5em 0.5em 0.5em 1.2em;word-wrap:break-word"><div>________________________=
_______________________<br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none"><a shape=3D"re=
<a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; target=3D"_blank=