[Tigers] progress

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] progress
From: daniel doornbos via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 17:19:28 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

--_000_BY2PR16MB0886EE623E5D8F96ED2C0A17FDCD0BY2PR16MB0886namp_

The tiger has been sandblasted.  The undercoating on my car was going to be=
 impossible to remove without a ton of time and making a horrible mess of t=
he garage, driveway and myself.  So I had it sandblasted inside and out, 10=
0%.  In hindsight the sand removal and clean up was significant and I shoul=
d have skipped the interior sand blast and masked off all the interior hole=
s as I spent a good bit of time getting sand out.  The blaster uses gorilla=
 tape to protect the vin tags.  I am really happy that its all done.  I epo=
xy Primered the car and parts over the weekend to prevent rust from taking =
hold.

Next step is to put the Front and Rear end on the car so it rolls and then =
take it to the frame shop to fix the passenger front rail.  Will let him te=
ll me if I need a replacement or if he can bend it back.  Or the 3rd possib=
ility that the prior repair and alignment is OK, but I don't think that's t=
he case.

The sand blast did uncover significant amounts of bondo.  I think the car w=
as crashed, motor removed and body work completed but then never had the mo=
tor returned.  It was then sold to Steve W, and I bought it in 95.  The pro=
blem is the driver rear fender is in very bad shape, the door is fine (prob=
ably replaced) and the front fender minor damage.  I'm at a cross road as t=
he car has flares (best image of the flares<https://photos.google.com/share=
/AF1QipNhx7DaGd_6kYAxzcDV2Mr52Mwj-VqG2phw7NmWCZQmIg2bjwpI-WiHGl28V-WURg/pho=
to/AF1QipPbhwRexXIJJ2bSVHcDEfYM_lnQN8xj6YX9UPw?key=3DZXNOMzVCTENIOHlnN0txMk=
5GbkRaWVNDS3l5Unln>) at all 4 corners.  Do I seek out a donor fender for th=
e rear and transfer the flare?  Do I put a stock fender on and then remove =
the flares from the other 3 piecing in new arches?    Anyone have a driver =
rear fenders for sale plus 3 arches?  Anyone have the same style of steel r=
ear flare tucked away in the garage?

dan

Most recent photos are at the end of the album.  Primary purpose of the pho=
tos are to help me put this thing back together...

https://goo.gl/photos/9fkVPwxGhw1mMKuM6

--_000_BY2PR16MB0886EE623E5D8F96ED2C0A17FDCD0BY2PR16MB0886namp_

<head>
1">
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
ng to be impossible to remove without a ton of time and making a horrible m=
ess of the garage, driveway and myself. &nbsp;So I had it sandblasted insid=
e and out, 100%. &nbsp;In hindsight the sand removal
 and clean up was significant and I should have skipped the interior sand b=
last and masked off all the interior&nbsp;holes as I spent a good bit of ti=
me getting sand out. &nbsp;The blaster uses gorilla tape to protect the vin=
 tags. &nbsp;I am really happy that its all done.
 &nbsp;I epoxy Primered the car and parts over the weekend to prevent rust =
from taking hold.</p>
en take it to the frame shop to fix the passenger front rail. &nbsp;Will le=
t him tell me if I need a replacement or if he can bend it back. &nbsp;Or t=
he 3rd possibility that the prior repair and
 alignment is OK, but I don't think that's the case.</p>
ink the car was crashed, motor removed and body work completed but then nev=
er had the motor returned. &nbsp;It was then sold to Steve W, and I bought =
it in 95. &nbsp;The problem is the driver rear fender
 is in very bad shape, the door is fine (probably replaced) and the front f=
ender minor damage. &nbsp;I'm at a cross road as the car has flares (<a hre=
f=3D"https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNhx7DaGd_6kYAxzcDV2Mr52Mwj-VqG2p=
hw7NmWCZQmIg2bjwpI-WiHGl28V-WURg/photo/AF1QipPbhwRexXIJJ2bSVHcDEfYM_lnQN8xj=
6YX9UPw?key=3DZXNOMzVCTENIOHlnN0txMk5GbkRaWVNDS3l5Unln">best
 image of the flares</a>)&nbsp;at all 4 corners. &nbsp;Do I seek out a dono=
r fender for the rear and transfer the flare? &nbsp;Do I put a stock fender=
 on and then remove the flares from the other 3 piecing in new arches? &nbs=
p; &nbsp;Anyone have a driver rear&nbsp;fenders&nbsp;for sale plus
 3 arches? &nbsp;Anyone have the same style of steel rear flare tucked away=
 in the garage? &nbsp;</p>
 the photos are to help me put this thing back together...&nbsp;</p>
" id=3D"LPlnk451054" previewremoved=3D"true">https://goo.gl/photos/9fkVPwxG=
hw1mMKuM6</a>&nbsp;<br>

--_000_BY2PR16MB0886EE623E5D8F96ED2C0A17FDCD0BY2PR16MB0886namp_--

--===============5239133526647501884==