Re: [Tigers] wierd in my experience

To: "'Russ and Tammy C.'" <rtscolgan@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] wierd in my experience
From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 21:51:14 -0400
Cc: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Russ
        You may be dealing with more than 1 problem; it's hard to say at
this point.

1st you need to have a copy of the wire diagram for your Tiger handy so you
can verify wires are correctly placed in your wire harness.
You may want to disconnect the battery cable before checking wires - your
chose.

The only common point for the switches and ignition is the B post on the
Voltage regulator.
You're going to have to check all the wires at the voltage regulator - tight
connection - clean contacts - good wire connection

The common point here are all the brown wires - check them carefully - one
of those brown wires goes to the starter relay - this is the battery feed
wire.
You're looking for good wire connector ends, clean connectors and terminals,
good wire connections not loose connections.
Careful with the starter relay it is very easy to break the copper terminal
posts - disconnect the battery if you need to work on the starter relay.

Expand checking wires until you find the cause of your problems.

I would think that if the ignition switch was shorting it would feel hot,
smell or you could hear something there.   Wiggle the key some might revel
symptoms. (?)
You should check all the wires plugged into the ignition switch.

Dies when idling - could be related to the above but you need to check the
white/blue wire at the ballast resistor, check the white wire too - also
sometimes the ballast resistor is the problem, it gets hot, sages and shorts
out.   A bad condenser can also cause this problem, it usually gets worse
with time.

Good luck
Ron Fraser