[Tigers] Rear Main seal issues

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Rear Main seal issues
From: spmdr--- via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 16:52:31 GMT
Full-name: "spmdr@juno.com" <spmdr@juno.com>
I have been unhappy with rear main seals for decades!

I first noticed the problem when I checked main bearing clearances.

With the seal, the bearing clearances changed.

The seal was keeping the main cap from seating properly with the block!

I checked high and low for different sources of seals (including FORD), and
found they are ALL the same!!

So I gave up looking and decided to trim the ends of the seals as needed.

Also, of course, real main seal leakage comes into the picture.

And all of this is compounded with blocks that have been alignehoned or
alignebored.

I have mentioned this issue to Fel-Pro and they are totally unconcerned.

So I have been trimming seals with mostly good results. YMMV.  DW
Gut Doctor "I Beg Americans To Throw Out This Vegetable Now"
unhealthpublications.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5c49eda0434fe6da03b37st03vuc