Re: [Tigers] top window

To: clydemclaughlin@verizon.net, clyde mclaughlin via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] top window
From: awtiger--- via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 09:50:06 -0500 (EST)

------=_Part_867274_851814851.1551365406917

Hey, Clyde:

Just to help your memory along on your Mom's MGBs...you didn't mention what
years of cars she had, but the B didn't come standard with a zippered rear
window until 1976.  According to Moss Motors however, you can get a zippered
rear window top for any year of MGB.  They are constructed the same as you
described for the Z3s; they have a flap that covers the zipper to keep water
from seeping through.  My '73 MGB has a zippered rear window in its top and I
absolutely love it!!  It's too bad that the Tigers didn't have that feature on
their convertible tops.

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK

> On February 28, 2019 at 7:37 AM clyde mclaughlin via Tigers
> <tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:
>
>     my mom had 4 MGB's but I don't remember the rear window having a zipper,
> maybe installed by a good top guy..But I do know that some of the BMW 's have
> windows that can be replaced easily by a top guy, I'm not sure with ones but
> I know some of the E36 models could be done because I had one and I think
> some of the Z3's were also replaceable..these tops were made with pocket
> /flap that concealed the zipper and prevented it from leaking, don't think
> that the tiger would adapt to this due to size and constant of folding the
> down, it already goes down hard enough, especially on a MK1, Clyde

------=_Part_867274_851814851.1551365406917

<!DOCTYPE html>
 on your Mom&#39;s MGBs...you didn&#39;t mention what years of cars she had=
, but the B didn&#39;t come standard with a zippered rear window until 1976=
.&#160; According to Moss Motors however, you can get a zippered rear windo=
w top for any year of MGB.&#160; They are constructed the same as you descr=
ibed for the Z3s; they have a flap that covers the zipper to keep water fro=
m seeping through.&#160; My &#39;73 MGB has a zippered rear window in its t=
op and I absolutely love it!!&#160; It&#39;s too bad that the Tigers didn&#=