Re: [Tigers] unsuscribe

To: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] unsuscribe
From: Cliff Morgan via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 19:23:54 -0700
Cc: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>

--00000000000052d57005833b73e8

Thanks for what you do, Mark.  Is there a way to search the archive?  In
the past there was a search window?  Thanks, Cliff

On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 9:55 AM Mark J Bradakis via Tigers <
tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Sigh.  I try to make it as easy as possible for people to manage their
> subscriptions.  Each real time message sent out has a link at the bottom
> which is labeled "Unsubscribe"  Every month a message is sent out to all
> subscribers with info on how to manage their list subscriptions.  But
> still that isn't good enough, I guess.
>
> But I am not disheartened by the occasional wayward request, most of the
> time folks are really good about dealing with the Team  Net stuff.  A
> couple weeks ago the topic of email delays came up on one of the lists,
> and that turned into an impomptu fund drive to get a new server.
> Basically the current machine was brought into service 12 - 13 years
> ado.  Hardware technology has changed a bit since then.  Several folks
> took advantage of the donate link in the messages, and so far I have
> collected about $600 towards upgrading some Team.Net infrastructure.  It
> would be nice to have a server with more than 4 gigs of memory in it.
> For comparison, though, attached is a photo of the specs for the very
> first Team.Net server circa 1990.  It was one of the first publically
> available boxes with CPU speed exceeding 100 MegaHertz.  Yes, Mega,
> today we are dealing with Gigahertz processors.  And that first box cost
> just over $2500!
>
> Things have changed.  But my dedication to keeping the lists on the air
> is as strong as ever.
>
> mjb.

--00000000000052d57005833b73e8

ch the archive?=C2=A0 In the past there was a search window?=C2=A0 Thanks, =
ttr">On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 9:55 AM Mark J Bradakis via Tigers &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br><=
/div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;bo=
rder-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Sigh.=C2=A0 I try to=
 make it as easy as possible for people to manage their <br>
subscriptions.=C2=A0 Each real time message sent out has a link at the bott=
om <br>
which is labeled &quot;Unsubscribe&quot;=C2=A0 Every month a message is sen=
t out to all <br>
subscribers with info on how to manage their list subscriptions.=C2=A0 But =
still that isn&#39;t good enough, I guess.<br>
But I am not disheartened by the occasional wayward request, most of the <b=
r>
time folks are really good about dealing with the Team=C2=A0 Net stuff.=C2=
=A0 A <br>
couple weeks ago the topic of email delays came up on one of the lists, <br=

and that turned into an impomptu fund drive to get a new server.=C2=A0 <br>
Basically the current machine was brought into service 12 - 13 years <br>
ado.=C2=A0 Hardware technology has changed a bit since then.=C2=A0 Several =
folks <br>
took advantage of the donate link in the messages, and so far I have <br>
collected about $600 towards upgrading some Team.Net infrastructure.=C2=A0 =
It <br>
would be nice to have a server with more than 4 gigs of memory in it.=C2=A0=
For comparison, though, attached is a photo of the specs for the very <br>
first Team.Net server circa 1990.=C2=A0 It was one of the first publically =
available boxes with CPU speed exceeding 100 MegaHertz.=C2=A0 Yes, Mega, <b=
r>
today we are dealing with Gigahertz processors.=C2=A0 And that first box co=
st <br>
just over $2500!<br>
Things have changed.=C2=A0 But my dedication to keeping the lists on the ai=
r <br>
is as strong as ever.<br>
mjb.<br>
m.net</a><br>