[Tigers] The windshield job continues, finally

To: Tiger Net <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] The windshield job continues, finally
From: Stu via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 20:01:27 -0400

--00000000000004fa21058ff459b1

 With vacations, weekends away, concerts and whatnot finally not
interfering, my son and I finally got back to my windshield job this
weekend. Progress: The glass is in the frame. Not perfect, but the gasket
is seated all around, though I have a suspicion that the VB glass could
have been curved just bit more on one end.

Then we tried to mount it to the car. Easy? Of course not. We just can't
get the frame to seat down far enough to push the gasket all the way down
to the body. The middle looks pretty close, but we haven't fully tightened
the nut yet.  Driver=E2=80=99s side looks closer, but the passenger side is=
 nowhere
near close enough.  and it just doesn't seem to want to go down any
further.  I have Rick's angle adjusters installed, but I can see they are
not causing the problem.  And the adjusters are far enough off center in
the tubes that i can't get the modified socket on.

The gasket is currently sticking out beyond the end of the frame on both
ends, I was going to cut it off even with the frame once installed. The
tubular part of the gasket is all inside the frame like it should be. Is
this gasket supposed to be trimmed BEFORE the ends of the frame, at least
on the inside? I have the pieces that make up most of my old gasket, but
not the ends, so I have nothing to go by.

I did a lot of trimming of the foam inside the new dash pad so I don=E2=80=
=99t
think the problem is there.

I'm tempted to do some additional dash pad cutting, but before I do, are
there any clues out there?

Thanks

Stu Brennan

--00000000000004fa21058ff459b1

=09
=09

=A0With vacations, weekends away, concerts and whatnot finally not
interfering, my son and I finally got back to my windshield job this
weekend.  Progress:  The glass is in the frame.  Not perfect, but the
gasket is seated all around, though I have a suspicion that the VB
glass could have been curved just bit more on one end.</p>
 we tried to
mount it to the car.  Easy?  Of course not.  We just can&#39;t get the
frame to seat down far enough to push the gasket all the way down to
the body. The middle looks pretty close, but we haven&#39;t fully tightened=
 the nut yet.=C2=A0 Driver=E2=80=99s side looks closer, but the passenger s=
ide is
nowhere near close enough.=C2=A0 and it just doesn&#39;t seem to want to go=
 down any further.=C2=A0 I have Rick&#39;s angle adjusters installed, but I=
 can see they are not causing the problem.=C2=A0 And the adjusters are far =
enough off center in the tubes that i can&#39;t get the modified socket on.=
gasket is
currently sticking out beyond the end of the frame on both ends, I
was going to cut it off even with the frame once installed.  The
tubular part of the gasket is all inside the frame like it should be.
   Is this gasket supposed to be trimmed BEFORE the ends of the
frame, at least on the inside?  I have the pieces that make up most
of my old gasket, but not the ends, so I have nothing to go by.</p>
d a lot of
trimming of the foam inside the new dash pad so I don=E2=80=99t think the
problem is there.</p>
9;m tempted to do some additional dash pad cutting, but before I do, are th=
ere any clues out there?</p>
ks</p>

--00000000000004fa21058ff459b1--

--===============7441319675023203190==