Re: [Tigers] Windshield Installation

To: Joe Brown <jbbrown1980@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Windshield Installation
From: Stu via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 17:19:00 -0400
Cc: Tigers Den <Tigers@autox.team.net>

--0000000000008931370591aca4ed

Just been there, done that.  I put the gasket on the glass and then
installed that into the frame.  Did it twice... The second time worked
better, starting at one side and working across.  After the first side is
in, and you've worked the top and bottom along maybe 6 - 8 inches, push the
glass in toward the started end as far as possible, then proceed.  Use
plenty of soap for lube.

If the frame is off the car, consider reinstalling the trim before putting
it back on.  With the frame installed, I'm now struggling with the bottom
SS strip, and it would be so much easier to get it in if the frame to car
gasket was free.

Stu

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 4:53 PM Joe Brown via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I'm looking for the best way to install a new windshield.  Should I
> install the gasket on the frame first and then install the glass?  Or put
> the gasket on the glass first and then install the whole thing onto the
> frame?
>
> It took me a while to figure out which way the gasket goes because of all
> of the various slots but I think I have it correct now.  I've installed it
> on the frame but it doesn't want to stay in place in the corners.  Should I
> use some sort of weatherstrip sealer to hold everything in place before
> trying to put the glass in?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe Brown

--0000000000008931370591aca4ed

t been there, done that.=C2=A0 I put the gasket on the glass and then insta=
lled that into the frame.=C2=A0 Did it twice... The second time worked bett=
er, starting at one side and working across.=C2=A0 After the first side is =
in, and you&#39;ve worked the top and bottom along maybe 6 - 8 inches, push=
 the glass in toward the started end as far as possible, then proceed.=C2=
=A0 Use plenty of soap for lube.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D=
"font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size=
:small">If the frame is off the car, consider reinstalling the trim before =
putting it back on.=C2=A0 With the frame installed, I&#39;m now struggling =
with the bottom SS strip, and it would be so much easier to get it in if th=
e frame to car gasket was free.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"=
font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:=
=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 4:53 PM Joe Brown via Tigers &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<=
br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8e=
x;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr"=
windshield.=C2=A0 Should I install the gasket on the frame first and then i=
nstall the glass?=C2=A0 Or put the gasket on the glass first and then insta=
took me a while to figure out which way the gasket goes because of all of t=
he various slots but I think I have it correct now.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve installe=
d it on the frame but it doesn&#39;t want to stay in place in the corners.=
=C2=A0 Should I use some sort of weatherstrip sealer to hold everything in =
m.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers"; rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a href=3D"htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://aut=