[Tigers] Edelbrock Carbs (carb cleaning 101)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Edelbrock Carbs (carb cleaning 101)
From: Brad Huff via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 17:38:00 -0600

--===============1405092641731644880==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0017_01D5BDA5.8C7A3390"

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01D5BDA5.8C7A3390
        charset="UTF-8"

This post got me thinking about the Edelbrock carbs. That statement says =
a lot as I have always been a Holley fan. I was ready to pull the =
trigger on an Edelbrock AVS 2 carb. A lot going for it with the annular =
primary boosters etc. I then started doing a little research on the =
carbs and found that several people were having hot soak issues and fuel =
evaporation issues. Problems starting the engine if the cars sat for a =
week or so. I am very disappointed if this is the case because the claim =
is that the idle and midrange performance is almost as good as EFI.  =
Doesn=E2=80=99t seem to be as much of a problem if you are running an =
electric fuel pump so that you can refill the bowls. My Tiger has a =
HP289 with a Holley 715 cfm vacuum carb on it. The same carb that Ford =
used on the 68 Shelby GT-350. Can=E2=80=99t imagine it running any =
better, but I thought that I would give the Edelbrock a try on my 66 =
Mustang. With the Tiger having a smaller tighter engine compartment I =
could see a hot soak problem occurring. Any thoughts?-Brad
------=_NextPart_000_0017_01D5BDA5.8C7A3390
        charset="UTF-8"

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: =
#000000">This post=20
got me thinking about the Edelbrock carbs. That statement says a lot as =
I have=20
always been a Holley fan. I was ready to pull the trigger on an =
Edelbrock AVS 2=20
carb. A lot going for it with the annular primary boosters etc. I then =
started=20
doing a little research on the carbs and found that several people were =
having=20
hot soak issues and fuel evaporation issues. Problems starting the =
engine if the=20
cars sat for a week or so. I am very disappointed if this is the case =
because=20
the claim is that the idle and midrange performance is almost as good as =

EFI.&nbsp; Doesn=E2=80=99t seem to be as much of a problem if you are =
running an=20
electric fuel pump so that you can refill the bowls. My Tiger has a =
HP289 with a=20
Holley 715 cfm vacuum carb on it. The same carb that Ford used on the 68 =
Shelby=20
GT-350. Can=E2=80=99t imagine it running any better, but I thought that =
I would give the=20
Edelbrock a try on my 66 Mustang. With the Tiger having a smaller =
tighter engine=20
compartment I could see a hot soak problem occurring. Any=20
thoughts?-Brad</DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>