Re: [Tigers] Edelbrock Carbs (carb cleaning 101)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Edelbrock Carbs (carb cleaning 101)
From: Tom Witt via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 16:25:30 -0800

--===============3743134225405290840==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00A0_01D5BD9B.6BA5B4A0"

------=_NextPart_000_00A0_01D5BD9B.6BA5B4A0
        charset="UTF-8"

I have Edelbrock=E2=80=99s on three of my cars. I find the accelerator =
pumps go bad rather fast. And for those that detest removing Holley pump =
diaphragms from the bottom, well the linkage to change the accelerator =
pump on the Edelbrock is even more frustrating. Sadly it is just the =
little cup on the end that goes bad but Edelbrock only sells the whole =
accelerator pump with the stem etc. and it is $15+, far more than those =
on a Holley.  I believe there is a Marine version and from what =
I=E2=80=99ve read that accelerator  pump is =E2=80=9Csuppose=E2=80=9D to =
last longer.

If you have a fuel filter between the electric fuel pump and the =
carburetor try replacing that. I know you said there is fuel to the =
carb, but was that based on hearing the fuel pump run?  I=E2=80=99ve had =
cars that ran a week or so prior have the sediment in the fuel filter =
solidify because it was not =E2=80=9Cchurning=E2=80=9D like it was with =
daily use.