[Tigers] Bent Hub?

To: Tigers Den <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Bent Hub?
From: Joe Brown via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 14:07:04 -0600

--000000000000439fcd059cc012e2

Hi,

As I slowly work through the world's slowest restoration I'm finally to the
point where I can almost drive my Tiger.  I have it on jack stands and I've
been fixing various little leaks here and there and the other day I fired
it up and put it gear to make sure I had the clutch set up right.  With the
rear wheels spinning I happened to look at the passenger side and saw a
noticeable wobble.  Many, many years ago when I bought the car from the
original owner it had been in a rear end collision and I'm guessing that's
when the passenger side of the axle got messed up.

The brake drum was very hard to get off and the lugs don't look very good.
I put a dial gauge on the hub and it seems like it is bent in by one of the
lugs about .007".  I'm taking the axle back out of the car and taking it to
a axle shop to get their opinion.  If I need a new hub I'm wondering if
anybody knows where I get a new or good used hub.  I see that SS has axles
but not hubs.

Anybody know where I can get one if I need it?  Or has anybody successfully
straightened one out?

Thanks,
Joe Brown

--000000000000439fcd059cc012e2

#39;s slowest restoration I&#39;m finally to the point where I can almost d=
rive my Tiger.=C2=A0 I have it on jack stands and I&#39;ve been fixing vari=
ous little leaks here and there and the other day I fired it up and put it =
gear to make sure I had the clutch set up right.=C2=A0 With the rear wheels=
 spinning I happened to look at the passenger side and saw a noticeable=C2=
=A0wobble.=C2=A0 Many, many years ago when I bought the car from the origin=
al owner it had been in a rear end collision and I&#39;m guessing that&#39;=
s when the passenger side of the axle got messed up.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><div>=
;t look very good.=C2=A0 I put a dial gauge on the hub and it seems like it=
 is bent in by one of the lugs about .007&quot;.=C2=A0 I&#39;m taking the a=
xle back out of the car and taking it to a axle shop to get their opinion.=
=C2=A0 If I need a new hub I&#39;m wondering if anybody knows where I get a=
 new or good used hub.=C2=A0 I see that SS has axles but not hubs.=C2=A0=C2=

--000000000000439fcd059cc012e2--

--===============0488007548551626045==