Re: [Tigers] Cooling the Tiger

To: Randall Antosiak via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Cooling the Tiger
From: "e.coiner e.coiner via Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 00:43:47 -0400 (EDT)

------=_Part_614269_818263921.1589690627282

I installed the same fan on my Tiger,  I had to trim a little corner off the
leading edge to clear the radiator. Don't remember any issues with the hose.

The air flow on that thing is insane.  I have a LAT fiberglass hood.  Reving
the engine will cause the corners of the hood to flex up from the air pressure.

The sound is just like a Cessna on full power take off roll.

Cooling problems under control.   After a while I found the Ford Maverick fan
and installed that.  The Derale was too noisy compared to the Maverick. Cooling
still under control.

> On May 16, 2020 at 3:43 PM Randall Antosiak via Tigers
> <tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:
>
>     My Tiger's engine runs hot a low speeds and I want to increase the
> airflow.  I'd like to know if anyone has successfully addressed this issue
> with a Derale fan, or another type of fan, or an electric fan.
>
>     I'm in the process of installing a Derale 17015 fan, but I have had to
> depitch the blades to clear the upper rad hose, which reduces the airflow.
> In addition, I will have to create a custom spacer, so it is getting to the
> point where I am not sure it is worth the bother.
>
>     I am now leaning towards using the original fan and an electric fan, but
> want to survey the group first.
>
>     Thanks for your response.

------=_Part_614269_818263921.1589690627282

<!DOCTYPE html>
 little corner off the leading edge to clear the radiator. Don&#39;t rememb=
er any issues with the hose.</p><p>The air flow on that thing is insane.&#1=
60; I have a LAT fiberglass hood.&#160; Reving the engine will cause the co=
rners of the hood to flex up from the air pressure.</p><p>The sound is just=
 like a Cessna on full power take off roll.</p><p>Cooling problems under co=
ntrol. &#160; After a while I found the Ford Maverick fan and installed tha=
t.&#160; The Derale was too noisy compared to the Maverick. Cooling still u=
nder control.</p><blockquote type=3D"cite">On May 16, 2020 at 3:43 PM Randa=
ll Antosiak via Tigers &#60;tigers@autox.team.net&#62; wrote: <br> <br><div=
 class=3D"ox-20e045d3ad-yahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica N=
eue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"><div dir=3D"ltr">My Ti=
ger&#39;s engine runs hot a low speeds and I want to increase the airflow.&=
#160; I&#39;d like to know if anyone has successfully addressed this issue =
with a Derale fan, or another type of fan, or an electric fan.</div><div di=
 Derale 17015 fan, but I have had to depitch the blades to clear the upper =
rad hose, which reduces the airflow.&#160; In addition, I will have to crea=
te a custom spacer, so it is getting to the point where I am not sure it is=
w leaning towards using the original fan and an electric fan, but want to s=
=20
------=_Part_614269_818263921.1589690627282--

--===============0873888355353883036==