[Tigers] Correct trunk hinge fasteners

To: Tiger List List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Correct trunk hinge fasteners
From: Allan Ballard via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 14:09:47 -0400
I have an obscure question regarding originality and trunk hinge fasteners.

My Mk1a Tiger came to me in fairly original but run down condition.

I noticed the trunk hinges were attached to the trunk lid by a flat headed
screw and a stud.

The screw was at the end of the hinge thatâ??s above the chassis rubber sealing
strip.

Obviously the stud was at the other  end.

Both were painted the carâ??s color.

My car was painted a few years ago and this detail was not respected by the
paint shop who  used common bolts in place of a screw and a stud.

So now I have some screws and studs to use if they are correct.

Your information on whatâ??s correct would be appreciated.

TIA,

Allan Ballard
Mk1a Tiger
Series 1 Alpind V6 T5