[Tigers] Differential oil

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net> nogrMHPiF1Bi9Cw3dDH1NaevOxEFBBsRVIIlcTts3Gf+dnFpsEHFr0H9hhOFw3PSlD4NpuxQNovDDg==
Subject: [Tigers] Differential oil
From: James Lindner <jliny5@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 16:00:03 -0400
Hello

One of my winter projects is to refresh the oil in my completely stock rear end
differential on my Tiger. Cannot remember what I used 10 years ago, so I will
completely drain and refill.

I have heard not to use the Redline 75W90NS (GL-5) which is what I â??thinkâ??
I used last timeâ?¦but not sure. Hear I should stick with GL-4 for the rear
end. I seem to recall I used the redline NS stuff because the NS meant â??no
sulfurâ?? which is hard on the soft metals.

I plan to use Sta-Lube from NAPA (GL-4) in my transmission. I am one of the
very few with an original Borg Warner T10 in my Tiger and that brand has been
recommended on a couple of the BW sites I have checked out.

Recommendations for rear end oil?

Thanks

Jim

Sent from my iPad