TR-4 Quiz answer

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-4 Quiz answer
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 13:28:08 -0500
Not a whole lot of response to my TR-4 quiz.  A whopping 3 replys.  Oh well,
I was really just anxious to put a post on the new list.

The original quiz:

I have a solid axle TR-4A parts car with a comisson plate number CTC 59030 L.
I suggested that this should be CT 59030 L since as I've read in a few
places, but
will quote the Moss Motors catalog since it is closest, "Solid axle TR4As
used
commission # prefix CT in consecutive sequence with CTC numbers."

Well my answer is this:  After somewhat closer inspection of the car, I found
the rear
body panels and the frame to be in terrible shape.  I mean big rust holes in
the
frame.  The front body seemed to be very sound however.  I scraped off paint
at front
and rear and found different underlying colors.  Then after pulling the red
astroturf off
the floor panels found the tell tale gap.

My conclusion, The car was originally CT some #, but later had the front half
of CTC
59030 L added to it.

Two of my responses said that all 4As had CTC prefix.  Is this true? I have
little first
hand experience with 4As.

Scott Tilton
In Richmond Virginia
with never enough TR-4 parts all over the place.