X-post, Front wheel grease cap removal

To: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Subject: X-post, Front wheel grease cap removal
From: paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley)
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 09:33:24 -0600
Cc: Scions of Lucas <british-cars@autox.team.net>, Scions of Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Greg Meboe writes:
 > Jeremy,
 >   There is an easy, quick way I've found to remove the caps without
 > destroying them.  You need a sharp cold chisel and a hammer. No I'm not

[... cool ascii cold chisel smacking the cap deleted ...]

I've always used a very large vise-grip which I lightly lock onto the
cap.  Then just rock it back and forth, and the cap pulls free.  BTW,
if you don't have a cold chisel around, I've used a flathead
screwdriver which also works, but it's not a very good cold chisel.

-Scotty "looking for a tie-die with lapels" Paisley
 '70 TR6
 '75 TR6