Re: Wire Wheels and Luggage

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels and Luggage
From: "Rick Koch" <Rick_Koch@fmc.com>
Date: 29 Aug 1995 09:28:39 -0800
        Reply to:   RE>Wire Wheels and Luggage Rack

Alan,

You don't need to replace your wheel studs.  After you bolt on the hub
extensions
for the wire wheels with the correct nuts, just use a hacksaw to cut the studs
the correct length, about one thread above the head of the nut.  I believe
this was
a factory approved procedure for converting to wire wheels.  I did mine this
way
and have had no problems.  It is much faster, cheaper and eaiser than
replacing the
studs.

In my opinion 48 spoke wheels are suitable only for show cars.  In your words
"it only
makes a difference to purists."  If you want to DRIVE your car get the 60
spoke wheels.

Rick Koch
1959 TR3A