Triumph GT6+ hardtop? T-top?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph GT6+ hardtop? T-top?
From: ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu (Michael Noerregaard)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 19:01:00 -0500 (CDT)
Date-warning: Date header was inserted by utxvms.cc.utexas.edu
Dear subsribers

I am quite new to this list (as of yesterday), but I am also the proud
owner of a Triumph GT6+ from 1970 - and it drives like a charm. However,
the previous owner cut a T-roof in the car (I know that it probably
hurts reading about anybody doing this to such a great car), but I am
sort of stuck with it - and is very nice here in Texas where the temperature
often in the summer get above 100 F - and hot air from the drivetraing, tranny,
and engine is something that I just have to get used to The T-roof is cut
as one big plate from right where the windsheild ends to the end of the
door - and is actually done very nicely.

My question is if other GT6's have had the same 'thing' done to them? As
far as I can see there has been no attempts to strengthen the frame after
this surgical 'cut' - is that necessary? It passed inspection here in Texas,
but I am thinking about bringing the car back to Europe in two years when
my studies have been completed here - does this T-roof cause problems getting
it registrered in e.g. Denmark?

My GT6+ also has a racing background and therefore there is roll-bar
installed - but how successful were these GT6's in racing? And was it ever
anything but factory sponsored races?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Yours sincerely,

Michael Noerregaard         \\\\|////              Ph: (512) 385 9714
2430 Cromwell C, apt. 1306   \\\|///
Austin, TX 78741             ( O O )      ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu

  "It's nice to be important - but it is MORE important to be nice"