Re: TR4A Horn

To: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>, "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Subject: Re: TR4A Horn
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 06:53:47 -0400 "Re: TR4A Horn" (May 31, 3:35pm)
Cc: Rtrickey@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: TR4A Horn
>  > Rebe,
>  >
>  > You can put your ohm meter across the terminals and see if you get
>  > continuity when you press the horn button.
>
> On my TR-6 I found the current path for the horn went down the steering
> column; I'm no sure if this is right but I started to get current to the
horns
> when I installed jumper wires across all the joints in the column.
>
>   --berry
>
> Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center
>
>-- End of excerpt from Berry Kercheval

Whoops,

After reading Berry's reply, I realized that I wan't specific enough.

What I really meant to write was to put the ohm-meter across the terminals
of the relay. when you do that, and press the horn button, you activate
the relay, thus closing the circuit and you should see a short-circuit
on the ohm-meter.

I apologize for not being more explicit in my original answer.

Doug Mitchell