More Zoom2

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net(bnr400)'" <triumphs@autox.team.net (bnr400)>
Subject: More Zoom2
From: Michael Spray <mspray@bwdldb.ott.bnr.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 08:27:05 -0400
Encoding: 13 TEXT
Thanks all for a quantity of good advice on making a '78 Spit go fast.
As of now, Stebro exhaust and a set of headers are the plan.  I can't
afford Webers (thats a direct quote from my wife by the way) and I'm
having difficulty locating twin SUs and a manifold to match (I've a
single Stromberg 1.5 at present).  A local brit mechanic is suggesting
that I consider mounting a single 1.75 Stromberg (I'm guessing pinched
from a late model MG) and "massaging" my intake manifold to accommodate
it.  In addition to the relative simplicity of a single carb, he feels
as though similar performance will be reached.  Comments?

Thanks

Mike