Re: Cross Roads Auto? TRF spleen venting.......

To: TheHerrs@aol.com, Hctcbob@aol.com
Subject: Re: Cross Roads Auto? TRF spleen venting.......
From: John Wroclawski <jtw@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 13:08:25 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
At 11:25 PM -0400 6/2/96, TheHerrs@aol.com wrote:
>I could speculate...  was informed that the
>Spring Sales flyer with 20% off was expiring on June 2nd. This was on May 31.
>When I inquired as to why I did not receive a sales flyer, they did not know,
>since I was an active customer and had purchased over $1000 worth of parts
>this year alone.

I don't disagree at all with your basic point, but I think TRF is trying
hard to address this particular problem these days.

I got my copy of that flyer May 17, if I remember right. On the front it
says something like "this flyer was mailed May 13th. If you did not receive
it by XXX, please check that your address is correct and contact customer
service if necessary". It also mentioned the value of 9-digit zip-codes.)

So - they mailed it out a week before the sale started and they told me
when they mailed it so I could judge whether there was a problem. This is a
big step forward from the christmas book fiasco. I think the only other
reasonable step they could have taken would have been to mail it first
class, for 3 times the cost. An unreasonable step might have been to call
all 50000 active customers on the phone and see if they got it, I guess...

        -john

John Wroclawski
jtw@lcs.mit.edu