Re: Cross Roads Auto? TRF spleen venting.......

To: Hctcbob@aol.com
Subject: Re: Cross Roads Auto? TRF spleen venting.......
From: TheHerrs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 23:25:59 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I could speculate, but that would just be adding to the BS already saturating
the Internet. Charles has lost a few valuable people over the years. I really
respect Charles and his business, but he needs to get back the magic that TRF
had back in the 80's. I was checking on some backorders (from the winter
parts sale), and ordering our Summer Party tickets, and was informed that the
Spring Sales flyer with 20% off was expiring on June 2nd. This was on May 31.
When I inquired as to why I did not receive a sales flyer, they did not know,
since I was an active customer and had purchased over $1000 worth of parts
this year alone. I am also a charter member of the Coventry Inn Society. With
the advent of the Internet, E-mail and Faxing, ordering parts directly from
England is very easy. Rimmer Bros is great to work with and easy to order
from. I will use them for my Stag parts. They do not sell TR4 parts, but
others do. TRF needs to get the basics done to continue to prosper. They need
to get sales flyers to the customers before the sales start( I got my
Christmas catalog the week of the 25th), they need to get decent catalogs for
the cars that they are selling parts for. It is almost funny when I have to
use a MOSS catalog to determine the parts that I wish to purchase from TRF.
They also need to give accurate info at the time of the sale as to parts
availability. Please tell me if the part is on indefinite backorder.

Sorry for the venting.... But I have to order a whole bunch of parts for the
TR4A to complete the restoration ($X,XXX!)  20% would be nice. I would hate
to give the business to someone else..

Charles are you listening. This has been said before. I have to buy a
complete interior, trim, chrome, remaining engine parts, Convertible top,
Tonneau, lights, clutch. Easily 2-3 thousand. The business will go elsewhere
if it becomes too difficult to deal with TRF. Your good customers should be
the first to be informed about sales.

Dave Herr
73 Stag
65 TR4A