Re: Yahoo!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, jim.sudduth@autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Yahoo!
From: kboetzer@Auspex.Com (Ken Boetzer)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 09:23:37 -0700
>      Fellow Cyber Motorheads:
>
>      I'm very happy to announce that The Rope Trick is TRIUMPHant!
>
>      At approximately 7:30 p.m. PST last evening I performed said trick, to
>      much shaking of heads and consternation from neighbors and friends,
>      and popped that head right off. Thank you, all of you, who suggested
>      this - it saved me a lot of grunting and swearing and sweating. Now
>      it's time to scrape and clean, clean and scrape. Two questions:
>
>      1. Is there anything anyone would recommend to clean the mating
>      surfaces of the head and block i.e., is it necessary to chemically
>      clean these surfaces or is a careful scraping and wiping with clean
>      rags enough?
>
>      2. Does anyone recommend using gasket goop or is it better to put the
>      head gasket on "neat"?
>
>      Thanks,
>      Jim Sudduth
>      jims@autodesk.com
>      '74 TR6 CF20076U

Jim,

Congratulations!!

Clean with a solvent. Laquer thinner, Brake clean, etc. Remember cleanliness
is next to you know what.  :-)

I lean towards using Copper Coat. It's a spray or brush on material specifically
for head and manifold gaskets. (Composition type.) Another option is aluminum
spray paint. Yes, just plain old paint of the aluminum color (with a small
amount
of aluminum powder in it.

Cheers,

Ken