Re: TR6 Wire/Disc wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Wire/Disc wheels
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 1996 18:31:17 -0400
Fellow Motorheads,
If my memory can be trusted here, I recall an advisory warning NOT to
try to use wire wheels/splined hubs if there's a chance that you may
still have the longer disc wheel studs in place, because tightening
the wire wheels against the longer studs would bend the wires that aligned
with those studs.  A similar advisory dealt with the inadequate length
of the wire-type studs if disc wheels were fitted.

Hope I'm not repeating `common LBC knowledge' here.

By the way, a while back I asked if adding 16" Jag type wires could be
a cheap-n-easy alternative to slow the engine rpm at cruising speed, on
a non-overdrive car.  I know it wouldn't be much, and there would be a
small speedometer error (4 or 5 mph lower indicated than actual?), still,
I think it might be worth considering.

Any opinions better-informed than mine (=most all!) welcomed.

Tom Tweed
TR-250
Miami Valley Triumphs
SW Ohio