Re:RAAANKKKKK! (SP?)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:RAAANKKKKK! (SP?)
From: wsachse@ncinter.net (Bill Sachse)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 21:46:39 -0500
Many years ago I started getting an occasional "Raaankkkkk" type sound from
my '67 Tr-4a. It turned out to be a valve guide that was slowly
disintegrating and slipping into the combustion chamber!  Little pieces
would break off and rattle, then exit through the exhaust. I caught it in
time before any damage occured.  I must admit that I got worked into a
panic state and tore the engine down expecting to find crank damage but was
relieved to find the actual cause.  Could be you just have generator
problems as the other posts imply.

                                                Good Luck

                                                Bill Sachse
                                                '59 Tr3-A