Re: Jacking it UP! (no lbc content)

To: duhart@symbol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jacking it UP! (no lbc content)
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 22:01:51 -0400
In a message dated 96-05-28 15:46:52 EDT, duhart@symbol.com (DUHART JOHN)
writes:

>       I have a question about how you people get your TR's up on jack stands.
>
>I have a set of tripods, but have yet to get the TR6 up on all four.  I
>there a method for doing this?

Here's how I do it:

First jack the car up at the back.  I put the jack on one of the main frame
rails right in front of the diff.  The rails are very close together at this
point and the whole back of the car comes off of the ground.  A service
station jack will slip under the car just in front of the rear wheels and the
handel can be operated in the wheel well.  Next I place the stands under the
frame at about a point in line with the road springs.  Set the stand to the
same heights (remember that the car is listing to one side but set the stands
so that the car will be level).

Now jack up the front in the center and place stands under that end.  Next I
 This is important since jacking up the front may pull the rear stands a
little compromising the  integrety of the support.

I have spent many blissfull hours under a TR6 set on stands in this manor.
 However I assume no responsibility for the safe (or lack thereof) operation
of jacks and stands by others who might utilize this procedure.  (My lawyer
made me say that.)

Dave (finally out from under the car) Massey
TR6Massey@aol.com