RE: RICHARD JACKSON

To: dezn490@wadnr.gov
Subject: RE: RICHARD JACKSON
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 96 12:01:29 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Just replaced the water pump on the GT6 the old had brass impeller the
>new has steel impeller. If you have a new pump its possable to corrode
>BUT not very likely especially if you have keep antifreeze in the cooling
>in the system. I would check the radiator, I had no leaks in mine but had it
>boiled out just because, it had holes.
>New pump, recorred radiator, new hoses = no more overheatin.

Dave,
 Thebrass (bronze) impellor on the waterpumps indicates early production.
 Usually, the newer ones with steel have a double  sealed bearings. Anda
rubber seal which was kinda cheesy.
 The ones with steel impellor should have a small pipe plug at a 90
degree angle to the vent hole on the bottom. Remove this plug abd install
an 8 mm rease zerk. The plug will not be present on pumps with a large
opening at about 45 degrees below center.
 Don't you just love standardized parts.
 No, I still haven't had a chance or need to go out to the junk yard. Maybe
one of these days soon, I'll need some more junk, I am starting to run a
little low. My Wife however, insists that I am not.
Best Regards,
Tony
###