Parts needed - '64 S

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Parts needed - '64 S
From: rvince00@counsel.com (Ross Vincente -- TransAmer. Financial - Los Angeles )
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 96 17:15:39 EDT

 To:    Triumphs List,          Inet

On Monday Peter Ficklin wrote:
 Saw  '64 Spit a wrecking yard locally, in line to be crushed,
and bought it for $300.00 two years ago.   6.  A very slow
project that I've gotten the frame & running gear all  done,
except for engine, which is next.

 I'm looking for a pair of fron bumper  over-riders for this  car.
 I also have a factory metal hardtop,  but I need the rear glass
seal.  Any suggestions, or contacts  that I may follow up on?
Thanks in  advance, and you may  actually hear back from me now
and then.

Peter Ficklin
64 Spit - various locations in garage, shop & warehouse at
work...

P.S.  I especially enjoy reading about Ross Vincenti's '64!

********************************

God, it's nice to be loved (Christ, I forgot about my wife.
Sorry, Hon.)  Thanks for the complement!

Peter, I have the same problem in that mine had NO front bumper of
any kind.  I traded a Mk III set of top sticks for a slightly bent
bumper from Ken Boetzer, but he did not have the front overriders
either.  I noticed in VBs catalog that they do list the two front
overriders, with rubber gaskets, nuts, bolts, etc. as available,
but they ain't cheap.  I think they were listed at $40 to$50 each
(OWCH!), but I have not called to find out if they are even in
stock.  (The general consensus I have gotten from the list
subscribers is that VB is notorious for out of stock situations,
along with very spotty quality).

Anyways, call VB and if they have them please let me know as I
would like to order a pair too.  And, yes, I will try to update
everybody from time to time on my Spit as work progresses and
would appreciate hearing about yours.  Ain't it fun playing with
toys again?  I thought I had outgrown it, but this car proved me
wrong.  Good luck.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4 (undergoing surgery - still)